The following is a step-by-step guide to pairing your mobile device to your 2nd Portal. For pairing to your 1st Portal see here.
1. Press "+" button on the home screen to get started
2. Press Continue to add a 2nd Portal to your network
3. Connect the ethernet cable from the 1st Portal's LAN port to the 2nd Portal's WAN port
4. Power on your 2nd Portal
5. The app will start to locate your 2nd Portal
6. Once found it will check the firmware version of your 2nd Portal.
7. Your second Portal may need an upgrade to 1.2.77 or newer in order to setup mesh. This upgrade may take between 10-15 minutes depending on your internet speed. (Optional)
This may be a good time to grab a coffee or catch up on Snapchat. ;)
8. Once your Portal is upgraded you will be guided to the next step (Optional)
9. Your mesh network will be created after both Portals are up-to-date. Note that this may take a few minutes.
10. Once your mesh network is created you can now remove the ethernet cable connecting 1st and 2nd Portal, power down your 2nd Portal, and move the 2nd Portal roughly 40-45ft away from the 1st Portal
11. Your new home screen will show both Portals once they are turned on and showing green LED