Users who have a VPN service from Pure VPN may experience issues with their Portal connecting to the service using their pre-defined .OVPN configuration files.
This is due to Portal requiring the CA Certificate and TLS Auth keys to be integrated into the main OVPN file you import into Portal under Web GUI -> VPN -> Client -> Add New OpenVPN Client; Pure VPN keeps these as separate files to add later.
You will need to make the following modifications to the Pure VPN OVPN files (downloadable from here) you chose to use before adding them to an OpenVPN profile on your Portal:
- Select a Pure VPN server host (UDP server recommended) you wish to use from the ZIP library downloaded from the above link
- Open the OVPN file in an editor such as Notepad++ on Windows or TextEdit / BBEdit on Mac
- Some of the files contain an error in the server name, all entries should end in ".com" not ".net"; you must check the remote tag and make sure the server name specified is .com, and change it to this if not
- Comment out the following three items by adding a # in front of them:
tls-auth Wdc.key 1
explicit-exit-notify 2 (this option is not supported)
- Integrate the "ca.crt" file from the downloaded ZIP file into your chosen OVPN file as follows:
- Integrate the “Wdc.key” file from the downloaded ZIP file into your chosen OVPN file as follows:
setenv CLIENT_CERT 0
-----BEGIN OpenVPN Static key V1-----
-----END OpenVPN Static key V1-----
- Make sure there is one extra line break / carriage return at the end of the OVPN file, and save the file
You can now use this modified OVPN file with your Portal to create the needed VPN file.
Portal Support Team